Universal City, CA
Silent Cooling System designed for Stages 3 thru 6 on the Lower Lot of Universal City which included new rooftop air handling units and ductwork fed by the central refrigeration plant. Chiller Plan, Pumps + Cooling Towers:
- Cooling Plant infrastructure – 800-ton water cooled child water plant with n+1 redundancy consisting of three (3) 400-ton open water cooling towers complete with pumps, piping, temp controls, power, etc.
- Condenser water to circulate between cooling tower and chillers; chilled water circulates above rooftops to serve all AHU’s.
- Two (2) AHU’s per stage mounted on roof above with structural support, ducted down to each stage with low-velocity ductwork distribution system. AHU’s ranging from 65-ton to 45-ton depending on stage.
- Digital automatic temperature controls from Siemens with full-scale interface to AHU’s with connection to NBCU campus loop
- Power provided from campus underground distribution system with utility redundancy
- New main service switchgear for mechanical equipment consisting of new substation with 2000a/480V secondary distribution
- Power for eight (8) new AU’s completed with wiring
- Smoke in AHU ductwork along with any other ancillary fire alarm devices, wiring, programming, etc. connected to campus fire alarm